With just one week to go before your PCS move, you likely have everything packed and ready to go. And you may be a little bit excited and anxious about your move. As the time winds down, there are a few last-minute items on our checklist to help you with your transition to your new location.
One Week Before PCS Move:
- Make copies of your important documents and keep them in a safe place
- Purchase Ziploc bags in different sizes to pack any small items you have leftover such as screws and bolts, and other times you may have thrown loosely into a small drawer like batteries, toothpicks, condiment packages, etc.
- Take down your surround-sound system and television(s) and pack them up.
- Pack up any small appliances
- Pack up or give away any food you don’t plan on taking with you to your new location
- Drain: garden hoses, oil and gas from lawn mowers and gas operated tools
- Disconnect spark plugs from any motors you will be transporting
- Dispose of any flammable items: cleaning fluids, acids, ammunition, paint thinners, etc.
- Leave out last minute cleaning supplies that will be used to clean up after everything has been packed up and ready-to-go.
- Backup any important information from your desktop computers onto a portable hard-drive. This can be a flash or jump drive with adequate memory.
- Remove any wall accessories such as pictures, portraits, drapery rods, etc.
- If you have a safety deposit box, close it out.
Military Movers is dedicated to helping military families relocate, sell, and purchase real estate. We are military families helping military families find both permanent and temporary housing. When you need help, give us a call 907-622-5000 or contact us via email.